Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rurouni Kenshin (2012)

is one of my favorite Anime shows besides Gundam and Trigun. I was kinda surprised when I found out this was a movie 'cause I've never even heard it mentioned online or anywhere until this dropped in my lap. I guess I've lost touch with the movie information highway after spending all my time on tv-series the last few years. Even tho I've heard nothing about it, I stll had some expectations as the anime is pretty epic so here's my feedback as a fan



I think they found a pretty cool actor to fill Rurouni Kenshin's shoes, he has that innocent look and he looks good fighting. The characters are pretty well played and I recognized the atmosphere, city and characters from the anime as the movie progressed. Visually it's quite impressive and it even has a pretty rad soundtrack as well.




Now here's what I don't like; The way they chose to film the action fight sequences. I hope director, , sees the flaws of the first movie and corrects it (as he's already doing two follow up movies already and they'll hit the market in 2014). I'd be extatic getting those news if it weren't for the fact that the camera angling and close up fights didn't kind of ruin it a bit for me. If the other two movies are done the same way I'll just have to look forward to two more average movies about one of my biggest heroes on tv.



I must admit however that the last two "bossfights" was kind of cool even tho I didn't liked the way the overall fight choreo's was filmed. This movie could easily have been a 9 or a 10 if they had zoomed out a tincy bit more in the fightsbut maybe that's just me. The Brawler fight with food break cracked me up ^^ I'd watch this again tho, it's a good movie.



..I RATE THIS MOVIE 7/10 STARS..
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment